To Whom It May Concern:
We transferred to Jacksonville, NC, in April 2006, and purchased a home that needed quite a few renovations. The first contractor we hired took our money, never finished the job, and kept a key to our house. The quality of the work he did complete was very poor and we later discovered that he was a convicted felon and illicit drug user. Before we were able to find another contractor my husband deployed to Iraq for seven months.
I happened across Blum Services, Inc. while browsing through local contractors on-line. I was very impressed with Andy Blum’s website and credentials so I decided to give him a call. The first time I spoke to Andy, I explained the situation with our previous contractor and expressed my concerns that this individual still had a key to our home. Andy was very understanding and concerned for my family’s safety. He sent one of his guys out the same day to change the locks on our doors.
The very next day Andy’s Office Manager, Jan Ferguson, called me to make sure that my children and I were safe. I was so surprised that she took the time to check-in on us. It was such a simple gesture, yet it meant the world to me.
The kind professionals from Blum Services, Inc. not only fixed the poor workmanship left by the previous contractor, but were also able to finish all of our home projects before my husband returned from Iraq. This was no small task since there were several large jobs that needed to be done, to include:
- Replacing most of our front porch
- Building our garage (which is 36’x36′)
- Installing chair rail throughout most of the first floor of our home
- Repainting our master bathroom and installing tile around the shower and tub
- Building a 12×12 pergola on our back deck
- Converting an outdoor shed into a children’s playhouse
- Adding a set of stairs to our existing deck and pouring a sidewalk
- Replacing our entire septic system
- Adding a vent to the front gable
- Hauling away several large piles of debris left in our yard from the previous contractor
My husband and I are very pleased with the quality of the work and the professional attitude of everyone we encountered from Blum Services, Inc. Bracy, Mike, James, and the rest of the crew were polite, prompt, and didn’t leave our home looking like a construction site every day. Over the course of our home improvement projects, Andy, Jan, and the gang were like family to us and we truly value the life-long friendships we developed throughout the process.
Stephanie L. Swain